Articles on this Page
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Glen Lake falls to ...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Glen Lake Basketbal...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Leland holds off On...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Staggs, Scott lead ...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Leland ties Muskego...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Leelanauts defeat C...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Village extends gol...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Business use of mar...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Erosion continues a...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Slow marina sales i...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Man charged with arson
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Meth-related charge...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Day’s body recovered
- 10/10/18--12:18: _86th District Court
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Rotarian backs Cooney
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Soutas Little prove...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Candidate helps dri...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Mediation experienc...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Help appreciated in...
- 10/10/18--12:18: _Noonan values serve...
- 10/10/18--12:18: Glen Lake falls to Kingsley in Salute to Service game
- 10/10/18--12:18: Glen Lake Basketball coaches win awards
- 10/10/18--12:18: Leland holds off Onekama
- 10/10/18--12:18: Staggs, Scott lead Lakers at Benzie
- 10/10/18--12:18: Leland ties Muskegon WMC, G-L blows out Buckley
- 10/10/18--12:18: Leelanauts defeat Cadillac, ready for Regionals
- 10/10/18--12:18: Village extends golf course contract
- 10/10/18--12:18: Business use of marina draws allegations
- 10/10/18--12:18: Erosion continues at Christmas Cove
- 10/10/18--12:18: Slow marina sales in 2017 shows up in Northport Village audit
- 10/10/18--12:18: Man charged with arson
- 10/10/18--12:18: Meth-related charges made
- 10/10/18--12:18: Day’s body recovered
- 10/10/18--12:18: 86th District Court
- 10/10/18--12:18: Rotarian backs Cooney
- 10/10/18--12:18: Soutas Little proven leader
- 10/10/18--12:18: Candidate helps drive internet access
- 10/10/18--12:18: Mediation experience a plus for candidate
- 10/10/18--12:18: Help appreciated in adoption process
- 10/10/18--12:18: Noonan values serve us well
[img_assist|nid=210736|title=|desc= GLEN LAKE defenders await the snap Friday in the matchup against Kingsley.
Glen Lake girls and boys basketball coaches have won coaches of the year.
Jason Bradford and Rich Ruelas, varsity girls and boys basketball coaches at Glen Lake, have both earned Class C coaches of the year. Voted on by the peers, out of 132 teams in Class C, the two coaches were awarded for their accomplishments over the year.
Leland continues to sweep the competition. County teams competed in the Suttons Bay Invitational, and Leland came out victorious. Each team also faced off against another opponent during the week. Teams are starting to make their final push before the districts as well. Following are the results from each teams matches.
The Glen Lake boys placed second at the Benzie Central Jamboree. Glen Lake competed in both the Portage Cross Country Invitational and the Jamboree finale Tuesday.
Leland will face off against North Bay Monday, and Glen Lake will await the winner of that matchup, and will face off against the winner on Wednesday. The Comets seem to be the favorite in districts, as they tied the number team in the state Friday. Glen Lake (8-6-1) and North Bay (1-17-1) struggled against Leland (17-1-3), as the Comets, only loss came to Cadillac.
The Leelanau Tennis team gained momentum for regionals, as they defeated Cadillac last Thursday.
The Leelanauts will head to St. Francis to compete in this year’s regionals against all the other varsity teams in the conference. Matches will take place at three different locations, such as Traverse City Christian and other nearby schools.
Northport Creek Golf Course will continue to be privately run for at least five more years by a company owned by the man who built it.
An often-used vendor for Northport Village is accusing the village administrator of looking the other way while private business has been transacted in the marina.
The changing Christmas Cove shoreline is concerning to many Leelanau Township residents, but a solution to erosion remains unclear.
As the main point of discussion Tuesday at the Leelanau Township Board meeting, residents and board members expressed opinions on how to preserve the parking lot and beaches enjoyed by so many people in Leelanau County.
The good Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.
The phrase works for Northport Village finances, but in reverse order.
A Traverse City man was arraigned in District Court this week on charges in connection with a July incident in Elmwood Township.
Arthur L. Jones, 44, of 2540 N. East Silver Lake Rd., was formally charged Tuesday with fourth-degree arson and habitual offender, fourth offense.
A 35-year-old Lake Leelanau woman has been charged with contributing to a meth-making operation.
Patricia W. Paquette of 5680 E. Amore Rd., was arraigned Tuesday in District Court, formally charged in connection with a meth-making operation with boyfriend, Jacob O. Schaub.
Family and friends will gather at 2 p.m. Saturday at Martinson Funeral Home to remember Randy Day, a Suttons Bay native, whose body was recovered last Wednesday from west Grand Traverse Bay.
Day, 42, lived in Grand Traverse County where he worked for Brickyard Towing. Day went missing Sept. 24 after leaving for a kayaking trip on West Bay.
Bruce A. Olson, 48, Grand Traverse County Jail, Traverse City — Appeared for show cause hearing; released based on payment plan of $50 per pay period for fines and costs.
To the editor:
I am writing to endorse Marian Kromkowski for Leelanau County Probate Judge. I am a retired Michigan attorney having practiced for 49 years. Much of my work was in the Probate and District Courts.
To the editor:
I was blessed with two children from the foster care system. Along our journey to adoption I faced many challenges.
One man was our guardian angel through it all…..Mike Long. Mike assisted me through this arduous process.