Articles on this Page
- 11/20/18--15:41: _County Cuisine
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Talk of the County
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Deaths recorded in ...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Marriages performed
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Marriage license ap...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Soil Erosion Permits
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Real estate transfe...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Construction Code A...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Task force rights a...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Holiday shopping ki...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Talking Turkey: The...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Photo
- 11/20/18--15:41: _‘Neighbors distribu...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Leland School Board...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _S-B Village prepare...
- 11/20/18--15:41: _Suttons Bay, Northp...
- 11/20/18--15:40: _Photo
- 11/20/18--15:40: _Ruelas, Lakers movi...
- 11/20/18--15:40: _Leland hopes to car...
- 11/20/18--15:40: _Dybevik, St. Mary r...
- 11/20/18--15:41: County Cuisine
- 11/20/18--15:41: Talk of the County
- 11/20/18--15:41: Deaths recorded in county
- 11/20/18--15:41: Marriages performed
- 11/20/18--15:41: Marriage license applications filed
- 11/20/18--15:41: Soil Erosion Permits
- 11/20/18--15:41: Real estate transfers recorded in county
- 11/20/18--15:41: Construction Code Authority
- 11/20/18--15:41: Task force rights abuse
- 11/20/18--15:41: Holiday shopping kickoff: ready, set, go
- 11/20/18--15:41: Talking Turkey: The makings of a great meal
- 11/20/18--15:41: Photo
- 11/20/18--15:41: ‘Neighbors distribute record # of turkeys
- 11/20/18--15:41: Leland School Board adopts goals
- 11/20/18--15:41: S-B Village prepares 2019 budget
- 11/20/18--15:41: Suttons Bay, Northport start co-op
- 11/20/18--15:40: Photo
- 11/20/18--15:40: Ruelas, Lakers moving on from last season
- 11/20/18--15:40: Leland hopes to carry momentum to court
- 11/20/18--15:40: Dybevik, St. Mary ready for challenges of new season
If you don’t like turkey for this Thanksgiving, this oven roasted pork from Anderson’s market is one for the books; paired with sweet potatoes this twist on Thanksgiving dinner will be sure to please. Anderson’s Market is located in Glen Arbor and is opened 7 days a week. All items can be purchased at the market.
Name: Sue Kohler
Town: Suttons Bay
Resident of county since: 28 years
Age and birthplace: 53, Traverse City
Occupation: Rural mail carrier
Thomas C. Hackney, 85, of Suttons Bay died November 1 in Suttons Bay
Drew C. Taylor, 63, of Elmwood Township died November 2 in Elmwood Township
Susan R. Putnam, 87, of Glen Arbor Township died November 7 in Glen Arbor Township
Norman A. Brohl, Jr., 84, of Acme Township died November 9 in Elmwood Township
Kenneth J. Novak and Kayla A. Kilcherman, November 3 in Leland
Peter A. Sheffer and Rochelle M. Drudi, November 10 in Empire Village
Daniel A. Nicol and Melissa M. Williams
Anthony M. Watrous and Maya L. G. Kassab
Quality Associates TC LLC – (Socks Construction Custom Homes) Excavation to excavate a duplex basement at 5675 S. West Bayshore ($140).
Quality Associates TC LLC – (Socks Construction LLC) Excavate for a duplex basement at 5672 S. West Bayshore ($140).
October 31, 2018
Kathryn Danielson to herself, Lots 486, 388, and 490, Block 23, in the Village of Suttons Bay.
The Revocable Living Trust of Bruce J. and Nanette B. Camick to Casey Conklin, Lots 2 and 3, Block 2, Plat of the Village of Carp Lake in Solon Township ($75,000).
Quality Associates TC LLC (Self) Construct residential interior alteration: main floor bathroom and add second floor bathroom at 5545 S. Spyglass Ridge Drive ($6,930).
Summary of Building Permits
Thanksgiving Day this year, Nov. 22, will mark the one-year anniversary of the death of 31-year-old Kevin Daniel Yannett of Suttons Bay – the first known casualty of the opioid epidemic in Leelanau County.
Thanksgiving means food, family and football.
For many, the day after Thanksgiving marks the start of the holiday shopping season.
But there’s no need to travel outside the county to find that perfect gift. You can find most anything you need in “the county”— plus enjoy a little holiday cheer with your friends and neighbors.
Tuesday morning, a turkey in Kasson Township met his maker, and will be on the dinner table of Beth and Roger Noonan Thanksgiving Day.
MIKE DEPUY took the ‘dream of a lifetime’ in October, hunting elk in Wyoming with this father, John.
Leelanau Christian Neighbors set a new record for the number of turkey dinners distributed this week.
Some 152 dinners, including turkey, dressing and all the fixin’s were handed out at the LCN home on E. Duck Lake Road in Lake Leelanau.
Goals and an administrative action plan for the 2018-19 school year were adopted this week by the Leland Board of Education.
The board, with members Tanja Wittrock and John Elwell absent, voted unanimously Monday night to adopt a resolution that sets a direction for the new school year.
Officials of the Village of Suttons Bay are preparing a budget for the new fiscal year beginning Jan. 1 and will hold a public budget hearing at their next regular monthly meeting on Dec. 17.
At its meeting Monday evening, the Village Council took an initial look at a draft budget for 2019 that anticipates $845,675 in general fund revenues and $854,365 in expenditures.
“New season, new challenges.”
North Bay coach Ron Anderson is ready for a new season of Norsemen basketball. Now combined with two players from Northport, North Bay is looking to make it three years in a row of district titles.
PAIGE MATTHIES of Lake Leelanau signed her National Letter of Intent to attend Auburn University to continue her academic and riding careers. Auburn has a Division I Equestrian team, and is coming off the national championship this year.
“Last year was last year, simple as that.”
Glen Lake coach Rich Ruelas wants his team to focus on the upcoming year, not think about last year. Coming off a Class-C Final Runners-up season where the Lakers finished 24-3 overall, Ruelas wants the team to be focused on this season.
From soccer champions, to basketball.
Leland’s basketball team is fired up from the state championship run from the boys soccer team, and looks to continue to ride the wave of momentum.
St. Mary has settled in with its new head coach.
In his second season with the Eagles, coach Jim Dybevik said the team is looking forward to one thing this season.