Articles on this Page
- 11/28/18--12:52: _Good times; shop local
- 11/28/18--12:52: _GAAC has new director
- 11/28/18--12:52: _Three concerts this...
- 11/28/18--12:52: _Houdeks sell business
- 11/28/18--12:52: _Bonek Agency named ...
- 11/28/18--12:52: _Northport women to ...
- 11/28/18--12:52: _Northport lit up fo...
- 11/28/18--12:52: _Big holiday cheer i...
- 11/28/18--12:52: _S–B center of holid...
- 11/28/18--12:52: _Temps, rut keep dee...
- 11/28/18--12:52: _New director electe...
- 11/28/18--12:52: _Deer’s antlers unta...
- 11/28/18--12:51: _Northport Honor Roll
- 11/28/18--12:51: _‘Routine’ business;...
- 11/28/18--12:51: _Pension pay-down pa...
- 11/28/18--12:51: _Brew pub eyed for H...
- 11/28/18--12:51: _County Cuisine
- 11/28/18--12:51: _Talk of the County
- 11/28/18--12:51: _Deaths recorded in ...
- 11/28/18--12:51: _Marriages performed
- 11/28/18--12:52: Good times; shop local
- 11/28/18--12:52: GAAC has new director
- 11/28/18--12:52: Three concerts this weekend
- 11/28/18--12:52: Houdeks sell business
- 11/28/18--12:52: Bonek Agency named chamber ‘business of the year’ for 2018
- 11/28/18--12:52: Northport women to meet Tuesday
- 11/28/18--12:52: Northport lit up for holidays
- 11/28/18--12:52: Big holiday cheer in Leland
- 11/28/18--12:52: S–B center of holiday festivities
- 11/28/18--12:52: Temps, rut keep deer moving
- 11/28/18--12:52: New director elected to LCD
- 11/28/18--12:52: Deer’s antlers untangled
- 11/28/18--12:51: Northport Honor Roll
- 11/28/18--12:51: ‘Routine’ business; special meet set
- 11/28/18--12:51: Pension pay-down part of Rd. Comm. budget
- 11/28/18--12:51: Brew pub eyed for Hilltop Rd. complex
- 11/28/18--12:51: County Cuisine
- 11/28/18--12:51: Talk of the County
- 11/28/18--12:51: Deaths recorded in county
- 11/28/18--12:51: Marriages performed
Get Ready-Get Set---SHOP! Try to shop locally as much as possible.
Traverse City resident Sarah Kime has been tapped as the executive director of the Glen Arbor Arts Center.
The Leelanau Community Choir will present “Tidings of Joy,” a holiday concert, this weekend at three county locations.
Jim and Madeline Houdek had a partially-finished home; one child and another on the way when they drained their bank account to place a down payment on a septage truck.
Chris Branson says the major goal of the Bonek Agency is to provide personalized service, which seems to fly in the face of the modern-day cyber model for the insurance business.
But Branson isn’t trying to insure everyone with a smart phone, a marketing effort more akin to Geico and Esurance. Instead, the agency concentrates on its home territory, which is Leelanau County.
The Northport Women’s Club will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Leelanau Township firehall in Northport.
Christina Pfeufer will offer a Christmas Holiday Presentation.
During the meeting, the last of 2018, club members may also discuss plans for their annual holiday bake sale set for 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 8 at the firehall in Northport.
More than 100 people turned out Saturday in Northport for the annual holiday open house and tree lighting.
There will be much merry-making in Leland this weekend with activities at the Old Art Building (OAB) and at the nearby Leland Township Library.
The Leelanau Community Cultural Center will host the annual Merry MarketPlace Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Each year artists gather on the first Saturday of December to share their artwork for unique holiday gifts and holiday decor.
The holiday season will hit the Village of Suttons Bay full force this weekend with a full day of activities planned Saturday and even more fun on Sunday.
Festivities will begin Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Suttons Bay-Bingham District Library, 416 Front Street.
Cold temperatures and, at times, snowy ground have proven assets to deer hunters in Leelanau County, with two days remaining in the firearm season.
For those with tags to fill, the opportunities are out there, according to two hunters who were successful earlier in the season.
There’s a new director on the Leelanau Conservation District (LCD) board for the first time in decades.
Scott Collins of Centerville Township was elected to the board during the LCD annual meeting Nov. 1. He will replace Dr. Gerald (Gerry) White, who has served on the board for 25 years.
A 6-point buck, tangled in fencing last week, was freed with the assistance from the Sheriff’s Office.
Leelanau County animal control deputy Wayne Kalchik responded at 12:25 p.m. last Wednesday, Nov. 21, where he found the buck with its antlers entangled in heavy wire fencing.
Northport Public School has placed the names of 29 students on its honor roll for the first marking period of the school year.
Earning all A’s were:
Sixth grade — Olivia Williams.
Seventh grade — Laura Christianson.
Eighth grade — Aydan Pino and Joshua Somero.
At its regular monthly meeting last week, the Leelanau County Board of Commissioners acted on a slate of mostly routine issues that were approved in 7-0 votes of the board.
During the Nov. 20 meeting, the board:
Approved an updated inter-county contract for funding and operation of the 86th District Court which serves Grand Traverse, Antrim and Leelanau counties.
Moneys to further reduce the Road Commission’s pension liability for its employees are included in the agency’s proposed 2019 budget.
The spending plan, for which a public hearing is set for 1 p.m. Tuesday, includes $140,000 to be carried over from this year to reduce the Road Commission’s liability.
A brewpub may be added to the West Bay Shore Village complex on M-22 at Hilltop Road following action last week by the Bingham Township Board.
The Bluebird is known for their ethnic foods, and this Chicken Flauta does not disappoint. The Bluebird in Leland serves lunch, dinner and drinks. Don’t forget to pick up your holiday gift certificates!
Name: Sandi Kuttnauer
Town: Suttons Bay
Resident of county since: 2003, 15 years
Age and birthplace: 64, Grand Rapids
Lenora M. Gillland, 79, of Leland Township died November 7 in Leland Township
Timothy J. Kehl, 71, of Northport died November 10 in Northport
Constance B. Rehahn, 70, of Traverse City died November 12 in Suttons Bay Township
Joseph A. Barresi, 87, of Traverse City died November 15 in Elmwood Township
Ryan J. Werder and Katherine C. Sulau, September 15 in Suttons Bay Township
Anthony M. Watrous and Maya L. G. Kassab, November 16 in Grand Traverse
Daniel A. Nicol and Melissa M-L. Williams, November 18 in Glen Arbor
Terrance R. Francek and Jill A. Kabana, November 19 in Suttons Bay