Articles on this Page
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Former addict fight...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Rennie’s road to re...
- 10/17/18--13:42: _BREAKING FREE OF OP...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _‘Colorful’ golf out...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _G-L women to meet
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Steak dinner set in...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Two scouts earn Eag...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Talk of the County
- 10/24/18--11:42: _N. Manitou hunt dra...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Deadline for snowfa...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Lots of Halloween f...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Photo
- 10/24/18--11:42: _200 turn out for pa...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Driving a matter of...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Empire Township wom...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Four vie for SB seats
- 10/24/18--11:42: _8 seek 3 seats on N...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _More to Halloween t...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Looking Back...
- 10/24/18--11:42: _Arts center anchors...
- 10/17/18--13:43: Former addict fights drug use
- 10/17/18--13:43: Rennie’s road to recovery
- 10/17/18--13:42: BREAKING FREE OF OPIOIDS
- 10/24/18--11:42: ‘Colorful’ golf outing funds scholarships
- 10/24/18--11:42: G-L women to meet
- 10/24/18--11:42: Steak dinner set in Empire
- 10/24/18--11:42: Two scouts earn Eagle rank
- 10/24/18--11:42: Talk of the County
- 10/24/18--11:42: N. Manitou hunt draws 100+
- 10/24/18--11:42: Deadline for snowfall contest looms
- 10/24/18--11:42: Lots of Halloween fun on tap
- 10/24/18--11:42: Photo
- 10/24/18--11:42: 200 turn out for pancakes
- 10/24/18--11:42: Driving a matter of ability — not age
- 10/24/18--11:42: Empire Township woman marks 100
- 10/24/18--11:42: Four vie for SB seats
- 10/24/18--11:42: 8 seek 3 seats on Npt. Council
- 10/24/18--11:42: More to Halloween than costume, candy
- 10/24/18--11:42: Looking Back...
- 10/24/18--11:42: Arts center anchors Northport
The ups and downs for Mike DeLeon have been bigger than life itself.
DeLeon was a two-time state champion wrestler after being sexually abused by a priest throughout middle school.
It all started with a car accident.
Peter Rennie, who had just begun his senior year at Leland High School, lost control of his car driving home from tennis practice and crashed.
October is Substance Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month in Leelanau County. This week’s Enterprise includes a firsthand account of opiate addiction and recovery from a 25-year-old resident and another about former addict, now nationally known speaker Michael R. DeLeon, brought here by the county Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition.
[img_assist|nid=211856|title=|desc= THE SUN provides somewhat of a silhouette as Scott Rasmussen of Long Lake Township prepares to hit the ball of the No. 2 tee at Sugar Loaf the Old Course last Thursday. Traverse City’s Eric Wilde of waits his turn.
Underwater photographer Chris Doyle will be the featured speaker at the November meeting of the Glen Lake Woman’s Club.
On Wed., Nov. 7, Doyle will take club members on a photo tour around the world, underwater. He has visited dive destinations around the world including Indonesia, the Philippines, Fiji and the Caribbean.
The Empire United Methodist Church (EUMC) will host is annual fall festival and Swiss steak dinner on Friday.
The menu, which includes Swiss steak, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, vegetable, rolls, dessert and beverage, will be served from 5 to 7 p.m.
A free will offering will be collected.
EMUC is located at 10500 Michigan St., in Empire.
Two county high school seniors have joined the ranks of Eagle Scouts.
Henry Heitman, a senior at Traverse City West High School and Erik Halvorsen, a senior at Suttons Bay High School were awarded the honor last month.
Name: Bill Small
Town: Suttons Bay
Resident of county since:“Owned a residence since 2005, full time for 15 months.”
Age and birthplace: 68, Toledo, Ohio
Deer hunters are lined up to go to North Manitou Island.
A special deer hunt which begins Saturday and runs through Nov. 3 is aimed at controlling the deer herd and preserving the natural vegetation on the island.
Leelanau residents got their first glimpse of Old Man winter over the weekend— with measurable snowfall recorded at three sites in the county.
Three-tenths of an inch was recorded Saturday at the National Weather Service (NWS) observation station in Maple City. However, all three observation sites in Leelanau had enough to measure Sunday morning.
Calling all ghosts and ghouls for a week of Halloween fun. Rain or shine, Leelanau residents young and old can find their fill of Halloween fun throughout the county. The biggest trick? Trying to make it to all of these fun events before all the treats are gone.
A WORK crew was on the roof of the Old Art Building in Leland putting a new roof on the main structure, which was last replaced in 1992.
More than 200 people enjoyed a hearty breakfast of sourdough pancakes with all the trimmings Sunday in Lake Leelanau.
The Lake Leelanau Community Association (LLCA) hosted its annual breakfast, which had previously been held the third Sunday in July, but was rescheduled.
A license to drive isn’t forever, and it isn’t for everyone. Sometimes, senior drivers aren’t in a position to continue driving safely, but they are not ready to stop driving.
That’s when emotions surrounding the topic of driving can run high — and it often puts family members in a difficult situation.
One Leelanau County resident has discovered the fountain of youth. Just days shy of 100 years old, Dorothy Zboyan has found the secret.
And for her, it has nothing to do with diet or exercise. It has everything to do with joy and faith.
S-B VILLAGE COUNCIL QUESTIONS:
NORTHPORT VILLAGE COUNCIL QUESTIONS:
Through the years many questions have arisen over operation and oversight of the village marina. Are changes needed at the marina to improve its operations?
It’s possibly the only day of the year that celebrates both Snickers bars and saints.
5 YEARS AGO October 24, 2013
The idea of the Northport Community Arts Center (NCAC) probably got its genesis in about 1996. Many people who retired here, whose careers involved the performing arts began to get serious about a facility that contained a reasonable sized auditorium with adjoining rooms for such things as dressing, practicing music, making stage sets, an art room, etc. . .