Articles on this Page
- 10/17/18--13:44: _Lake Leelanau Rowin...
- 10/17/18--13:44: _Leland wins Northwe...
- 10/17/18--13:44: _G-L wins, keeps its...
- 10/17/18--13:44: _S-B earns big win a...
- 10/17/18--13:44: _Gorcyca places firs...
- 10/17/18--13:44: _Leelanauts win matc...
- 10/17/18--13:44: _Leland posts shutou...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _A downstate man tic...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Vet court may be re...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _86th District Court
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Mock election set f...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _‘Loaf homeowners ta...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _‘Breakfasts’ to boo...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _S-B Village to purs...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Pond must stay
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Bunek gets bi-parti...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Bunek has common sense
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Leelanau native sup...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Candidate helps mot...
- 10/17/18--13:43: _Long has valuable t...
- 10/17/18--13:44: Lake Leelanau Rowing Club medals at Grand Rapids
- 10/17/18--13:44: Leland wins Northwest Conference Title
- 10/17/18--13:44: G-L wins, keeps its hope alive
- 10/17/18--13:44: S-B earns big win at Onekama
- 10/17/18--13:44: Gorcyca places first at Traverse City Invitational
- 10/17/18--13:44: Leelanauts win matches, but fall in Regionals
- 10/17/18--13:44: Leland posts shutout against North Bay
- 10/17/18--13:43: A downstate man ticketed, pot found
- 10/17/18--13:43: Vet court may be revived
- 10/17/18--13:43: 86th District Court
- 10/17/18--13:43: Mock election set for next week at Leland
- 10/17/18--13:43: ‘Loaf homeowners tap new well
- 10/17/18--13:43: ‘Breakfasts’ to boost library
- 10/17/18--13:43: S-B Village to pursue updated streetscape plan
- 10/17/18--13:43: Pond must stay
- 10/17/18--13:43: Bunek gets bi-partisan support
- 10/17/18--13:43: Bunek has common sense
- 10/17/18--13:43: Leelanau native supports Bunek
- 10/17/18--13:43: Candidate helps mother, child
- 10/17/18--13:43: Long has valuable training
Rowing down Grand River.
The Lake Leelanau Rowing Club traveled to Grand Rapids to compete in the Grand Rapids Fall Classic regatta, and took home a few medals.
County volleyball teams are heading down the home stretch, and have several tournaments coming up. The district brackets also came out for county teams, and they will face off against familiar teams.
Northern Michigan Football-Leaders champions.
What goes around comes around.
Last year, Onekama beat Suttons Bay but this year, The Norsemen made sure history wouldn’t repeat itself. Suttons Bay (7-1, 4-1 Midwest) defeated the Portagers (6-2, 3-2) 13-8, with the help of a late touchdown pass.
Boys and girls cross country teams continue to make their late season pushes before the regional meet at Bear Lake Saturday, Oct. 27. St. Mary competed in the Chris Grabowski invite Thursday, and all the county teams competed in the Traverse City Invitational. Following are the results for each team at their meets.
The Leelanau tennis team ended its season in the regionals at Traverse City.
Matchups with higher-seeded opponents proved to be too much, but the Leelanauts were able to win a few matches.
District play kicked off this week, and Leland’s match with North Bay endedwithaWfortheComets.The Comets moved on to face the Glen Lake Lakers yesterday after press time. The winner from the match moved onto the district championship game at Charlevoix today.
A downstate man was ticketed and may face additional charges after a traffic stop near Glen Arbor last weekend.
While patrolling early Saturday evening a deputy observed a 2016 Chevrolet pick-up truck backing from a private drive.
The truck backed into the roadway directly into the path of the patrol vehicle causing the deputy to stop in the middle of the lane.
Officials representing local courts and law enforcement were slated to meet yesterday afternoon with representatives of the Department of Veterans Affairs in the lower level of the county Law Enforcement Center to discuss reviving a local Veterans Court program.
Robert D. Micham, 53, of 3709 S. Long Lake Rd., Traverse City — Pleaded not guilty at arraignment to operating with license suspended/revoked/denied; bond continued; pretrial set for Oct. 30.
Roland J. Baatz, 62, of 3632 W. Burdickville Rd., Maple City — Pleaded not guilty at arraignment to possession of marijuana; bond continued; pretrial set for Oct. 30.
They won’t cast a ballot on Nov. 6, but 300 voters will go to the polls on Wednesday.
About 300 students from Leland Public School, Northport Public School, St. Mary’s School and the Leelanau School will attend the event in the Leland School gym.
[img_assist|nid=211233|title=|desc= WATER FLOWS from a new wellhouse that will supply water to 72 townhomes near Sugar Loaf Resort during a ceremonial startup of the system last week, as townhome owners, contractors and local officials look on.
The home stretch is just over $300,000 away. And eating pancakes for breakfast can help the Glen Lake Community Library cross the finish line.
The Village of Suttons Bay will try again to begin a “streetscape” project along M-22 (St. Joseph Avenue) in Suttons Bay if they can keep the project within budget.
To the editor:
Several candidates running for Northport Council seats have proposed to “remove” the 158-year-old Northport Historical pond.
The Northport Pond is to Northport what the Statue of Liberty is to the United States--the pond must remain forever.
To the editor:
We have known Will Bunek, candidate for Leelanau County commissioner, ever since we moved to the county in 1985.
We have found him to be a hard working electrical contractor, a faithful family man, and a responsible citizen of Leelanau County.