Articles on this Page
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Second amendment mu...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Rings may be remove...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Pure misery will co...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Reader's Forum: Com...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Thanedar hopes to c...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _‘Independent voter’...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Sponsors, 120 peopl...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Candidate appreciat...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Mountain bikers don...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _For our dignity, im...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Sheriff right to be...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Ashes to ashes, but...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Cartoon
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Heard around Leelanau
- 08/29/18--13:44: _A few weeks of quie...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Is Leelanau too wea...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Leelanau County Cal...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _County Dates
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Public Notices For ...
- 08/29/18--13:44: _Thank You
- 08/29/18--13:44: Second amendment must change for gun control progress
- 08/29/18--13:44: Rings may be removed, but fires remain
- 08/29/18--13:44: Pure misery will come of another ‘crowded event’
- 08/29/18--13:44: Reader's Forum: Community Foundation enriches lives
- 08/29/18--13:44: Thanedar hopes to cash in on name recognition
- 08/29/18--13:44: ‘Independent voter’ selects Wiejaczka
- 08/29/18--13:44: Sponsors, 120 people help Cedar Fire event
- 08/29/18--13:44: Candidate appreciation at VFW; come and learn who’s running
- 08/29/18--13:44: Mountain bikers don’t need their own Lakeshore trail
- 08/29/18--13:44: For our dignity, impeach Trump
- 08/29/18--13:44: Sheriff right to be hesitant with Ironman race
- 08/29/18--13:44: Ashes to ashes, but where should they go?
- 08/29/18--13:44: Cartoon
- 08/29/18--13:44: Heard around Leelanau
- 08/29/18--13:44: A few weeks of quiet; how best to pass it on
- 08/29/18--13:44: Is Leelanau too weary to host another race?
- 08/29/18--13:44: Leelanau County Calendar of Events
- 08/29/18--13:44: County Dates
- 08/29/18--13:44: Public Notices For Leelanau County
- 08/29/18--13:44: Thank You
To the editor:
The Las Vegas police recently released their completed reported on the Las Vegas gunman. They had to conclude that they did not come up with a definite answer for his committing the “deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.”
To the editor:
As long-time residents of Suttons Bay, we couldn’t be more dismayed at the prospect of the Ironman Triathlon and its attendant hoopla invading our once-peaceful county.
It is not uncommon for people I know to ask me how I spend my time as a retiree. To be honest, I am uncomfortable when people use the word “retired” because it implies to me that an important part of my life has ended. Some friends even imagine that my wife and I spend most of our time traveling the globe.
The first-time candidate for governor was sitting around the table with his campaign consultant concerning his lack of name identification with the voters. To be blunt, nobody knew who he was. The two knew that you could buy name ID with TV commercials. After all Rick Snyder and Dick DeVos did it, but voters could pronounce their names.
To the editor:
Echo Valley, if developed in to a trail system, should be a multi-use trail for bikers, hikers and equestrians. The area should not have an exclusive mountain biker trail since there are already plenty of mountain bike trails.
To the editor:
President Bill Clinton should have been impeached. President Donald Trump should be impeached.
Have we no dignity? Have we no shame?
Roger L Parkins
S. Knorr Dr.
I wouldn’t say that I’m a gospel music freak, but I sure do appreciate the stay-with-you messages and simple melodies in those old songs.
“Here’s a guy who allegedly will hold a gun to people’s faces. Now he’s got Tasers near what I would call a rape kit.”
Yippee! Summer’s over!
That’s one response to Labor Day weekend. Certainly many locals are smiling at the thought of not having to wait for all of five cars to get through intersections.
Backers of the Ironman triathlon who want to bring the event to northwest Michigan might be looking in the mirror, wondering if they’ve missed a blemish or two.
Ironmen aren’t the problem. Instead, the almost kneejerk pushback against local promoters of the Ironman competition has more to do with the calendar.
Organizations wishing to have their public events listed in this calendar can email Amy Hubbell at email@example.com or call The Enterprise, 256-9827, before 5 p.m. Friday.
7:20-8:20 a.m. — Step Aerobics: Old Art Building, Leland; $8.
Lakeshore featured in artist talk
Michigan law requires local governments to inform their citizenry through public notices published in newspapers of record for their communities. These notices provide residents with an easy path for following the work of their elected officials. Public notices for Leelanau County can also be accessed online at Leelanaunews.com.
Our many thanks to Family, Friends, Father Leonard, St. Michael Church for the beautiful luncheon, Hospice, Medilodge, Comfort Keepers, Chronic Care, Meals on Wheels, Leelanau County Senior Services, Area Agency of Northwest Michigan and anyone who helped Jean in anyway. For all of their love and support for our mother.
We are blessed for the community that we live in.